I loathe mornings. I have to get up at about 630am to get to work on time. I usually hit the snooze button until 5 minutes to 7 and then I’m rushed. These are a few tricks that make my life much easier in the morning.
- I discovered this great new lotion that is also super cheap. You can purchase a big bottle for less than $10 at any drug store. I keep it in the shower and apply it immediately after I turn the water off. It leaves my skin nice and soft plus I smell like delicious coconuts.
2. More recently I discovered this local product from Skwiik! In scrubs your skin and leaves it super smooth! You can pretty much skip the lotion with this product!
3. I try to make my meals the night before. I’ve found that overnight oats are easy delicious and healthy. Plus I feel full all morning! Here are some great recipes I found on Pinterest.
1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten free optional
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon turbinado sugar or brown sugar*
1/2 cup Original Silk Soymilk or Almond Milk
1/4 cup brewed coffee, hot or cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to a bowl or jar and stir to mix completely.
Place, covered, in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Add extra soymilk/almond milk in the morning if you want to thin it out a little bit.
Recipe from 24 Carrot Life
CHERRY CHIA OVERNIGHT OATS
6 tablespoons quick oats, divided
½ scoop vanilla vegan protein powder, divided (optional)
½ cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
¾ cup cherries pitted
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon almond butter
Liquid stevia, vanilla (optional)
- In a small bowl, add the cherries and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, mash slightly, and stir in the chia seeds, add a few drops of stevia, and set aside to thicken.
- In a small jar add 3 tablespoons of oats, 1 tablespoon of protein powder (if using), ¼ cup of almond milk, and a few drops of stevia, if using.
- Add in ½ of the chia jam by layering over the first oat layer.
- Add another 3 tablespoons of oats, 1 tablespoon of protein powder (if using), ¼ cup of almond milk, and a few drops of stevia.
- Layer in a tablespoon of almond butter, then the other half of the chia jam, and drizzle over the coconut milk.
- Close the jar and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove from the fridge and enjoy with a spoon!
Recipe by Nutritionist in the Kitch
4. My Nespresso Machine : All I have to do is pop in a pod and throw some milk in the frother and ta da I have a latte. No long Starbucks lines and not to mention how much money I save.
5. I use Ole Henriksen Face Wipes sometimes if I’m in a huge hurry in the morning. I also keep them on my bedside table so there is no excuse not to wash my face before bed! They remove makeup, oil, add moisture, and plus they smell like a creamsicle!
6. Simple Makeup Routine: I don’t go crazy with eye shadows or eyeliner on work day mornings but I do like a little bit of a glow, big lashes, and eyebrows.
First of all, I get eyelash extensions. You pretty much wake up ready to go! 🙂
I used to be a Mac Makeup girl for years but in the past little while I decided to expand to different products and fell in love. My favorite has to be the Burberry product since I can use it both on my lips and cheeks and it adds a lot of moisture.
7. I find picking out your clothes is half the battle so if I can pick them out the night before I can save tons of time.